COVID-19 Operational Plan
We look forward to welcoming you back to PEI’s Longest Running Little Theatre. This outlines the COVID-19 specific policies and procedures under which Victoria Playhouse will be operating for the summer of 2021.
|Measures used to maintain physical distancing||Steps taken to ensure minimal interaction of people. |
(2 metres separation)
|Between employees||Employee workstations will be separated by six or more feet. Masks will be required.|
|Between clients||Clients will wait outside and staff will seat them, one party at a time, in|
the theatre. Each party will be at least six feet from other parties once seated. Clients will be required to wear masks at all times.
|Between employees and clients||There will be a plexiglass barrier at the box office counter. Staff will wear masks at all times.|
Policy for Exclusion of Employees Requiring Self-Isolation
Each employee must notify management immediately if they have travelled outside of Atlantic Canada.
Management will clearly communicate to all staff the exclusion policy in place for any employee displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff must self-monitor for symptoms and report to their supervisor if they have concerns about possible COVID exposure or possible symptoms.
- Any staff member developing symptoms of COVID-19 at work must immediately perform hand hygiene, report to manager, avoid contact with staff and leave as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Symptomatic staff will be required to self-isolate until tested for COVID-19 and the results are confirmed.
- If the test results are negative for COVID-19 but the staff member remains ill and/or symptomatic, they should remain on sick leave.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- cough (new or exacerbated chronic)
- sore throat
- marked fatigue
- body aches
- runny nose
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfection of Shared Areas and Surfaces
Cleaning removes visible soil and/or dirt from surfaces. Cleaning works by using soap and water to physically remove germs from surfaces.
Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to destroy germs.
Ensure to CLEAN visibly dirty surfaces, prior to DISINFECTION.
|Name of cleaning product:||Lysol All-Purpose Spray Cleaner|
|Name of disinfectant:||Lysol All-Purpose Spray Cleaner|
Shared Areas and Surfaces that will be cleaned and disinfected regularly:
|Bathroom surfaces||Every 30 minutes when customers present|
|Box Office Counter||Between customers|
Hand Washing /Sanitizer Stations
We all have to do our part to prevent the spread of illness. We know that practicing good hygiene is an essential part of preventing the spread of COVID-19. To protect yourself and others from getting sick, take the following precautions:
- wash your hands often (in addition to routine times such as after using the washroom, before eating, when handling food for the public),
- cough/sneeze into your elbow or tissue and throw away,
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands,
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
|Hand Washing Stations||Location|
|Staff||Washrooms and Kitchen|
|Hand Washing Stations||Location|
|Staff||Box office and backstage|
|Public||On table outside of main entrance|
On box office counter
Although Provincial regulations allow customer seating capacity at 50, actual seating capacity averages 35 because of the 6’ social distancing requirements.
|Area||# of individuals per area||If multiple gatherings at the same time, outline how groups will be kept separate (e.g. dividers between spaces in open areas, entry/exits, etc.), use of washroom/change room, any shared staff etc.|
|Auditorium – Customers||Max of 50 individuals||These groups will be separated by at least 6’ at all times. They have separate entrances and separate washroom facilities.|
|Backstage – Performers||Max of 8 individuals||These groups will be separated by at least 6’ at all times. They have separate entrances and separate washroom facilities.|